A word to the wise
a hint or brief explanation given, that being all that is required.
Hello Reader! I’m James Lee, the author of College Word to the Wise. After graduating from college, I realized that there was so much more I wanted to learn, that they didn’t teach me in school. Since than, I’ve started learning as much as I can and writing it down.
My goal in creating College Word to the Wise is to build a resource, for anyone like me, looking to gain more control of their life. Let me help you make the most of your experience and come out on top! Here are some of the main focus’s:
If only college was 4 quarterly payments of $19.99! Unfortunately, it is not. So, let’s figure out how to stretch our money as far as we can and hopefully graduate without too much debt (if any!). After graduation, learn how to crush your debt, start saving and gain control of your finances.
Fitness and Nutrition:
No one is safe from the Freshmen 15! That doesn’t mean we can’t do our best to beat it. After graduating we move on to work-life, which is often sedentary. Ensuring that we stay active and eat properly will keep us healthy and strong in the long run!
Whether you are a student or a professional makes no difference; You will need to work hard! Learn how to work more effectively and efficiently.
Studying is an important skills to learn while in school. However, if you are anything like I expect you are, you want to continue learning and experience more in life. Learning how to study will help you learn any news skills educationally or professionally.
Where to Start:
Becoming financially independent is a difficult process.
- Here are 5 Steps to Financial Control to get you started on your path to financial freedom!
- The 50/20/30 Budget Rule – budgeting made easy!
For anyone looking to improve their life, fitness and nutrition is one of the most important aspects to consider.
- An Introduction to a Healthy Lifestyle!
- To help get you started, here is College Word to the Wise’s guide to Creating the Ultimate Workout Recipe!
It is always better to work smarter than it is to work harder.
- Have you ever had a goal and struggled to complete it? Try out SMART goals to help you make some progress!
- Whether you are swamped with school projects or your desk is filling up at work, the 80/20 rule will help you sort out what is the most important.
Whether you like studying or not, it is essential for success in school and life.
- Here’s our guide to basic study methods to help you create notes more effectively!
- Tips and tricks for your next big exam.
Take a look around College Word to the Wise and hopefully I can answer any questions you have. If you have any questions that I haven’t already answered or just want to chat, send me tweet!
In case you were wondering what I look like, that’s me in the middle. The reason we are so excited is because we had just graduated college and were on our way to a study year abroad in Ireland!